Roof Tilers cover roofs with tiles, sheets and shingles to form a waterproof surface. They work outdoors on roofs of varying heights, sometimes from ladders and scaffolds. Roof Tilers must observe safe working practices to avoid falling, and injury when working with hazardous materials. The heat can be intense for those working on roof structures in the summer. You’ll routinely be required to lift materials and equipment weighing up to and more than 25 kilograms.
|White Card||Asbestos Cert.||Drivers Licence||High Risk Work||18 years +|
To be a Roof Tiler you need to enjoy practical work and be physically fit. You also need to be able to work as part of a team and have a good sense of balance.
Additional Personal Qualities
- good strength and stamina to be able to lift heavy tools and materials,
- able to work at heights and in all weather conditions, and
- work at a constant pace and follow precise directions.
- unload, carry and stack materials, and place roofing materials and equipment in position,
- help to erect and dismantle a range of equipment,
- read plans and drawings.
All construction workers need a White Card and Asbestos Awareness Training to work on a construction site in the ACT.
Check with your RTO to see if you are eligible for an ACT Training Fund Authority Subsidy.
|RTO Hours + Costs||White Card||Asbestos|
|Check with your RTO||6 hours + < $500||4 hours + < $500|
RTOs that deliver training for Roof Tiling in the ACT:
Bricklaying Training Australia